Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» a complete story of your beloved one
What do you think of Inception? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:14 am by nali123

» DeMarr International soccer jerseys
What do you think of Inception? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:27 am by linbm6160

» Western Desert cultural bloc
What do you think of Inception? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:37 pm by heroisthai

» Tjunkiya Napaltjarri
What do you think of Inception? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:36 pm by heroisthai

» Western Australia
What do you think of Inception? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:35 pm by heroisthai

Top posters
n4w
What do you think of Inception? Vote_lcapWhat do you think of Inception? Voting_barWhat do you think of Inception? Vote_rcap 
Lexarox
What do you think of Inception? Vote_lcapWhat do you think of Inception? Voting_barWhat do you think of Inception? Vote_rcap 
Taurine
Mischa
Rikku
Soupman
Zuho
TheMysticSsj
Black Operationz
Jbagehxuy
AnimeTalk Playlist (WIP)

What do you think of Inception?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kimerajamm

Number of posts : 54
Activity Points : 162
Registration date : 2010-08-04

What do you think of Inception? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of Inception?   What do you think of Inception? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:20 am

So I think there's to main sides to this. Add more and/or discuss?
1. Movies can be games and still be art. I think there are some other films that take this angle, though maybe not to the same extent that Inception did. Even a novel like The Great Gatsby has this layer to it- it's fun just to unravel the layers of plot without even really considering its moral implications. (Personally I think Inception is like a lower quality Great Gatsby; its morals/philosophies are redundant and are only present to support the puzzle. I think the "reality has many layers" and the rest of that meaning of life stuff is kinda old. But hey it makes for good puzzles.)
2. Also related to The Great Gatsby. I think its interesting to think about the money involved in making this film. Is the whole film in limbo? Its not very poetic for a movie about dreams, at least from a storytelling perspective. (just an adventure movie) From a visual, technological perspective, though, it's stunning. What would Inception be without the money supporting it? Do you think that it is ethical to spend so much money on our dreams?

Obviously I'm biased but I want to hear the counterarguments since I honestly haven't thought all of this out yet and some of it just came out as I was writing...

Back to top Go down
XREDXR

Number of posts : 33
Activity Points : 33
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Inception?   What do you think of Inception? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:55 am

8. Stench of seawater and 101 Dalmations was too strong.

9. Tour guide Goofy goes into drunken rampage and uses Chip and Dale as Shuffleboard discs.

10. New hires Doc,Isaac,and Gopher quit days before launch,citing that this job is not as "exciting and new" as their last one.

wicker patio sets
roofers long island
Back to top Go down
magicman

Number of posts : 44
Activity Points : 46
Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Inception?   What do you think of Inception? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 5:48 am

Its not very poetic for a movie about dreams, at least from a storytelling perspective. (just an adventure movie) From a visual, technological perspective, though, it's stunning. What would Inception be without the money supporting it? Do you think that it is ethical to spend so much money on our dreams?

carpet cleaners Indianapolis
übersetzung Webseite Englisch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Inception?   What do you think of Inception? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of Inception?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: