Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» a complete story of your beloved one
An Internet Christmas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:14 am by nali123

» DeMarr International soccer jerseys
An Internet Christmas Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:27 am by linbm6160

» Western Desert cultural bloc
An Internet Christmas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:37 pm by heroisthai

» Tjunkiya Napaltjarri
An Internet Christmas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:36 pm by heroisthai

» Western Australia
An Internet Christmas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:35 pm by heroisthai

Top posters
n4w
An Internet Christmas Vote_lcapAn Internet Christmas Voting_barAn Internet Christmas Vote_rcap 
Lexarox
An Internet Christmas Vote_lcapAn Internet Christmas Voting_barAn Internet Christmas Vote_rcap 
Taurine
Mischa
Rikku
Soupman
Zuho
TheMysticSsj
Black Operationz
Jbagehxuy
AnimeTalk Playlist (WIP)

An Internet Christmas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
heroisthai

Number of posts : 107
Activity Points : 120
Registration date : 2010-11-19

An Internet Christmas Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Internet Christmas   An Internet Christmas Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:49 pm

He updated Office, Excel and Quicken,
Then added a screensaver with a red clucking chicken!

XREDXR

Number of posts : 33
Activity Points : 33
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: An Internet Christmas   An Internet Christmas Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 6:51 am

The newbies were nestled all snug by their screens,
While visions of Java danced in their dreams.
My wife on the sofa and me with a snack,
We just settled down at my rig (it's a Mac).

When out in the Web there arose such a clatter,
I jumped to the site to see what was the matter.
To a new page my Mac flew like a flash,
Then made a slight gurgle. It started to crash!!

Best HGH
magnifying makeup mirrors
Back to top Go down
Mr007

Number of posts : 42
Activity Points : 120
Registration date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: An Internet Christmas   An Internet Christmas Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:42 am

Thirties art-deco might not be the sort of architectural style you'd associate with Kazakhstan, but in the case of the new Ritz-Carlton hotel in Astana, that's exactly what they are getting.

The design comes from the pen of Robert Stern who has designed a 242 metre tall, 60 storey building with 114 hotel rooms and suites, a banqueting hall and a state ballroom. The hotel will also service 210 apartments on the upper levels, including a number of penthouses.

Bearing in mind the various changes in climate that Astana experiences from blistering hot summers to snowstorms and near-arctic winters, a glazed central court is included in the scheme to provide "outdoor" space that won't see the hotel patrons freeze to death or die of dehydration.

Stern has designed the building to appear similar to the art-deco skyscrapers that dominated many American cities in the 1920s and 1930s with set-backs from a broad base similar to the Empire State Building.

The zoning rules and canyon-like streets were effectively decided this shape, not structural reasons, but these don't exist in Astana showing that the style has moved far beyond its original architectural function and is now part of a vernacular that expresses a glamourous bygone many places aspire to and is perfect if you want to go to the "Ritz".

The only thing missing from making this a true modern interpretation of the Empire State Building is a spire. With the familiarity of the famous American skyscraper, this omission makes the design feel a bit lacking - it's missing something that one almost expects. But despite the lack of a spire, the building will still be the tallest in Astana if built.

goats milk soap
toronto coupons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Internet Christmas   An Internet Christmas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Internet Christmas
Page 1 of 1