Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» a complete story of your beloved one
Looking for a new video card Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:14 am by nali123

» DeMarr International soccer jerseys
Looking for a new video card Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:27 am by linbm6160

» Western Desert cultural bloc
Looking for a new video card Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:37 pm by heroisthai

» Tjunkiya Napaltjarri
Looking for a new video card Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:36 pm by heroisthai

» Western Australia
Looking for a new video card Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:35 pm by heroisthai

Top posters
n4w
Looking for a new video card Vote_lcapLooking for a new video card Voting_barLooking for a new video card Vote_rcap 
Lexarox
Looking for a new video card Vote_lcapLooking for a new video card Voting_barLooking for a new video card Vote_rcap 
Taurine
Mischa
Rikku
Soupman
Zuho
TheMysticSsj
Black Operationz
Jbagehxuy
AnimeTalk Playlist (WIP)

Looking for a new video card

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Number of posts : 42
Activity Points : 120
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Looking for a new video card Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a new video card   Looking for a new video card Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:24 pm

PC hardware, MY FAVORITE!!!

I can assist you, but first I need to have more info.

1. What is your budget?
2. What do you intend to do with the PC? Games, Video editing/encoding, Graphic design etc...

I have bad news for you...Chances are, unless you planning on only doing non graphic intensive applications (internet, MS Word, etc...), MS VISTA won't work neither. I'm going to recommend that you buy a new computer rather than upgrade here's why...

1. Heavy graphic applications (especially 3D, like games) run hand in hand with the CPU. If your CPU is too slow it will great a severe bottleneck on the new Graphics card in running your apps. Think of it as buying a Porsche 911 Turbo and then having drive it 30 mph. You are simply not using all the power available. For anything graphic intensive, you need a good (or at least decent) CPU. So a CPU investment is strongly recommended, which brings us to problem #2...

2. You have a major compatibility problem, both with the CPU and graphics card. Your current motherboard uses CPU Socket A, and a AGP slot. Neither are compatible with the newest hardware out there which is now AM2/Socket 775 and PCIe.

Upgrading the CPU alone means replacing the CPU, motherboard, RAM, video card (might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone) and the PSU. Thats almost a new computer right there...

Upgrading the CPU alone means you will have to get a new video card that uses AGP (and not PCIe). Today, there are almost no new cards that use AGP and the ones out there are VERY EXPENSIVE and MUCH SLOWER than the PCIe ones. To get a modest speed increase, you'll have to spend $300-$400 on a tech thats already dead and buried.

That is not a wise investment, I strongly discourage you from this.

You could get a complete Dell system starting at $350 without tax which will be slow be todays standards but will still run rings around your current rig and whatever AGP card you buy for your old system.

Talk to me before you buy anything...

business for sale by owner
r4i
Back to top Go down

Looking for a new video card
Page 1 of 1